Friday, January 9, 2009

Contemplating a career 'rebirth'

If you know me, you know I have one passion in the world... audio and lighting. It has been a true source of joy and escape in both my personal and professional life.

Right out of high school I worked at a resort that did 11 live shows a week in the 800-seat theatre, along with several other shows in different venues. We had a world-class recording facility, massive music library and thousands of costumes. It was probably one of the most exhilarating jobs I ever had. Granted, I was very young (20) and opened my mouth one day and ended up losing my contract. But it was a great job. Middle of the cornfield, no cable TV, just a great place with great people.

Well, 12 years later I am trying to go back to that job, but in a different capacity. Things have changed considerably, as now they book major acts in (Mark Lowry, Gold City, The Lettermen, etc) and I would be more of an Entertainment Director than a tech. I would still have the same joy of tinkering with some really cool tools, but I would be more of a manager than just a tech. And after the Navy years and management years I know I could do the job.

Pray that God shows his favor in the path I should take.

No comments: